HEMO BIOENGINEERING LIMITED (the “Company” and collectively with its subsidiaries, “HEMO”) is committed to developing and providing innovative interventional medical devices to patients to improve their health and quality of life.
We have built a suite of interventional medical devices targeting peripheral and neuro-vascular diseases primarily in China, and both peripheral and neurovascular medical devices have been our key focuses. Our peripheral interventional medical devices cover both vascular and non-vascular interventions. Our Privi hemorrhoid cooling balloon is a self-administered medical device that employs only a physical mechanism to treat hemorrhoids, eliminating the need for medication or ingredients that may be associated with side effects.
Our portfolio of neuro-interventional medical devices covers all of the ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke and neuro access fields. We have a first-mover advantage in mechanical thrombectomy in China for acute ischemic stroke evidenced by our first-to-market domestic aspiration catheter Afentta®, which is the first domestic aspiration catheter approved by the NMPA and commercialized in China.
Headquartered in Singapore, our current businesses are principally based in China where we have established R&D and production facilities in Weihai and offices in Beijing and Shanghai. Our global R&D resources also include R&D centres in Singapore and the U.S. as well as a network of key opinion leaders and industry experts. We were founded by our Executive Director, Chairman, CEO and CTO Dr. Jack Wang, an industry veteran and seasoned entrepreneur who had previously served as CEO at both SGX Mainboard-listed Biosensors International Group and JW Medical Systems.
We are committed to developing and providing innovative interventional medical devices to patients to improve their health and quality of life.
– Our Company was incorporated
– In-licensed technologies of our hemorrhoid cooling balloon and obtained an exclusive license to develop and commercialize the product in China
– In-licensed technologies for our Afentta® aspiration catheter and TracLine® access catheter
– Raised a total of US$27 million from our Series A financing
– Completed clinical trial for our hemorrhoid cooling balloon
– Commenced clinical trial for our HMC1-NAS aspiration catheter
– Obtained NMPA approval for our FocusLine® balloon dilation catheter
– Raised approximately US$11.5 million from our Series A+ financing
– Obtained NMPA approval for our TracLine® access catheter and commercialized the product
– Commenced clinical trial for our stent retriever
– Raised a total of US$50 million from our Series B financing
– Obtained NMPA approval for our FocuStar® neuro balloon catheter – Rx
– Raised US$50 million from our Series C financing
– Obtained Shandong MPA approval in China for our hemorrhoid cooling balloon and aspiration accessory and commercialized the products
– Commercialized our FocuStar® neuro balloon catheter – Rx
– Obtained NMPA approval for our Afentta® aspiration catheter and Mountix® micro catheter and commercialized the products
– Acquired the entire share capital in Privi Medical Pte Ltd
– Obtained NMPA approval for FlexStar™ balloon guiding catheter
– Initiated clinical trial for our neuro drug-coated balloon for the treatment of intracranial atherosclerosis patients